You can face QuickBooks Error The File Exists when a file exists when working on various accounting features such as paying scheduled liabilities, opening a state document, and downloading a payroll update, you may see an error message on the screen that says:
“The file you mentioned can not be opened.
Ensure sure that no other program or read-only file is currently in use.” You can also get an error message that states, “The mistake in the window were that the file existed.”
Error QuickBooks Windows Error If the file exists, it may appear for various reasons. Before you reach a solution, you need to know the reasons for the error.
Reasons for QuickBooks error the file exists
Below are the reasons for QuickBooks File Error:
- Windows User Account Control interferes with QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks users do not have the ability to open the windows.
- The internet connection is working slowly on your machine.
- Improper internal and firewall protection settings for your PC.
- The QuickBooks Software program is out of date.
- The error message is noticeable when you are downloading QuickBooks.
Now, after we know the reasons for the error to occur, let’s explore the ways to correct this error.
Troubleshooting to Fix QuickBooks Error”The File Exists”
These solutions are successful in fixing permanent QuickBooks File Error:
Review QuickBooks Updates Web Application Updates.
- To start with, you need to open QuickBooks Desktop and click on the QuickBooks products information option.
- Next, select the appropriate version of QuickBooks as well as the year.
- After that, press Check and then Get the latest updates to select Create a folder and save the file.
- Start the update process, Double-click the installation file.
- In the end, restart the machine
Turn off User Account Control in Window Settings
- To start, press Windows + letter R on your keyboard to open the Run window.
- Now, in the Run window search box, you need to enter the control panel and then select OK. Then scan the user accounts from the scan bar at the top of the Control Panel.
- First, press Switch User Account Control Settings.
- Click Yes, then move the slider down to never warn and turn off the UAC.
- Finally, restart your PC and refresh your QuickBooks Payroll.
Allow full control access to the user
- Choose an open file location option by right-clicking on the QuickBooks Desktop icon.
- Click the backspace key after that.
- Pick properties by right-clicking on the QuickBooks tab.
- Click Edit, then choose Add.
- Select “All” and then “OK.” You have to choose the Full Control option.
- Then press the Submit Option button.
- In the end, you need to follow the above steps, make sure that you choose your User instead of choosing All Choices.
Register Again in QuickBooks.DLL and.OCX File Using Reboot.Bat File
- First, exit the QuickBooks Windows program.
- Then right-click on the QB icon and select the properties.
- The next move is to open File Location and then restore the.bat file.
- On the screen, right-click the reboot .bat file and choose Run as administrator.
- You’ve got to wait a few minutes for the black color prompt window to display all the QB files.
- Lastly, it is necessary to restart Window and check if exists error is fixed.
Re-install QuickBooks Desktop
- At first, you need to click the Window + R keys to open the Run window.
- Provide a text appwiz.Cpl file.
- Click QuickBooks twice, then click to uninstall.
- You need to obey on-screen prompts to delete QuickBoksd from windows.
- The next move is to download a clean install tool from the approved website and save it to your computer.
- Using it to install the QB app.
These troubleshooting tools are helpful in fixing QuickBooks windows error where a file exists.
The contents discussed what QuickBooks payroll update error the file exists is, the causes for error, and various troubleshooting solutions. Consistent error issues can be overcome by applying the solutions found.
If you want more guidance with any kind of issues than you can dial our toll-free helpline number +1-888-308-0575 and connect to our QuickBooks Support experts and QuickBooks Technical Aid Team. We will help you answer all your questions, 24/7, anywhere in the USA.