QuickBooks has greatly been known for managing its position as one of the greatest and most relevant accounting application package for small to a well-established business. QuickBooks error 1618 occurs when the QuickBooks setup software for installation on your device is running.
You can also receive the error message when upgrading the software, which claims, “There has been an issue downloading Microsoft Runtime Library (Error 1618).”
A single explanation can’t be blamed for promoting error 1618 in QuickBooks, but there are several reasons that cause the technical nuisance. Do not worry! Read this post to the end to find out the potential causes and troubleshooting methods forQuickBooks error 1618, if you want to fix the mistake.
Symptoms of Error 1618:
When QuickBooks error 1618 occurs, it can be identified by the indications below:
- Error message with code 1618 unexpectedly appears on the screen, and an active window crashes
- Your computer occasionally crashes for a few seconds
- Windows performance becomes annoyingly slow
- You can’t complete the installation process until the error is fixed
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 1618:
To ensure successful troubleshooting, it’s important to know the potential causes of the error. Read the Bullet points below:
- Part or corrupt QuickBooks software Installation
- The Windows registry can also trigger error code 1618
- Important QuickBook related program is removed
- If QuickBooks or Windows-related files are infected to a virus or malware attack
Steps To Resolve Error 1618
We will switch to the troubleshooting methods after looking at the potential causes and symptoms of QuickBooks error 1618. Try to an explained-below set of steps:
Solution 1: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool can self-identify and fix the QuickBooks Desktop installation errors.
- Download QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and save it when prompted to your Desktop
- Double-click the QuickBooks install tool on your Desktop with the.exe extension
- Select Yes on the License Agreement window and then Get started scanning
- After the scan is over, restart your device and try installing QuickBooks.
Solution 2: Verify MSIEXEC.EXE instance running in the background
If QuickBooks Desktop Error 1618 continues after the first solution is applied, check that there are any MSIEXEC.EXE instances running in the background.
- Press CTRL + Alt + Delete keys on your keyboard simultaneously and hit Task Manager
- Open the Processes tab on your computer
- Now press the column Image Name to set the list in the alphabetic order
- Check for and terminate the processes called MSIEXEC.EXE by pressing the End Process button
- Close Task Manager window and start downloading the app
If 1618 error in QuickBooks remains unresolved then try the next procedure.
Solution 3: Reinstall Runtime Libraries for Microsoft
You need to follow the steps given below to perform this troubleshooting procedure:
- From under Microsoft C++ Redistribute Package
- If you have 32bit computer, then you need to open Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86) and hit Download
- For 64bit computer, open Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x64) and then click Download
- Save the file to your device, where you can find it easier to use later
- Wait for the update process to end and then double-click on the downloaded 32bit and 64bit device file called “vcredist X86.exe” or “vcredist X64.exe”
- After finish downloading, follow the on-screen instructions carefully
- Now, Click on Fix my QuickBooks Tool Hub software to correct QuickBooks Error 1618
Solution 4: Build Windows Registry backup Using the steps below
If none of the above-explained solutions have been successful in error resolution, try the following set of troubleshooting steps:
- Click Start icon on your Windows Desktop
- Now press Windows + R and type Regedit in the blank area
- Next step is click on My Computer >> file menu >> Export
- Go to the Export range and select All Choice
- Now, you can Save the Windows registry backup on your system
- Once the backup is complete, delete the keys (Note: all sub-keys will also be deleted at the same time)
Don’t Want To Stress Over The Troubleshooting Solutions. You may skip the tiredness of the error-resolution processes by dialing our QuickBooks Support phone number +1-888-909-2529.
Our certified professionals’ will helps you to resolve your errors. Without breaking a sweat, you can get rid of QuickBooks error 1618 in a prompt manner. Get in touch!